Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 10:29:24PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>

[snip]

I'm tired of this argument.  You can interpret that as capitulation if
that's important to you.  We appear to have divergent premises.  You
regard trademark saber-rattling as potentially a friendly act.  I don't.
It appears unlikely that either of us will change our positions.

Once SPI's trademark committee has built up a full head of steam, I
suggest that any Debian developer who receives a message regarding our
actual or potential usage of a U.S. trademark forward the issue to that
committee for analysis.  It's my understanding that actual lawyers with
competence in this area will be participating.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Damnit, we're all going to die;
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    let's die doing something *useful*!