Re: Distribution agreement for ATI FireGL drivers

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 09:44:15PM +0100, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> [I am not subscribed to debian-legal; please Cc any followups to me.]
>
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to get ATIs FireGL drivers into non-free for a while (see
> the ITP at bug #218369), but there doesn't seem to be a proper license for
> it. I talked to ATI (who in general have been very helpful about this and
> other Linux issues) about this, and their legal department sent the following
> distribution agreement and requested that I sign it (I have of course not
> done so yet):

This violates policy 2.3.

  We reserve the right to restrict files from being included anywhere in
  our archives if
     * their use or distribution would break a law,
     * there is an ethical conflict in their distribution or use,
     * we would have to sign a license for them, or
     * their distribution would conflict with other project policies.

Sorry.

--
Brian M. Carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx> 0x560553e7