Re: Request for someone to talk to copyright holders

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 04:52:40PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> FYI, the copyright holder in this case seems to be SGI.
> While I generally feel up to contacting individual copyright holders, or
> even educational institutions, contacting corporate copyright holders is
> another matter.  Even finding the right person to talk to can be a pain
> in the neck.  :-(

A good start would presumably be http://www.oss.sgi.com/cgi-bin/mailto .
At the very least, whoever's running that ought to know a manager who
can get into contact with the appropriate legal staff.

I'm pretty sure that the big organisations that're trying to support open
source are going to be eager to address our concerns -- and demonstrate
their involvement in the community -- although I'm also pretty sure
it's going to take a while and some effort to work out a way for them
to actually do that.

Cheers,
aj

               Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we can.