Re: LinuxWorld NY banner

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 03:36:12PM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> (Please CC me on replies, even though I am subscribed to -legal, and
> also retain the CC to -events-na.)

(What CC? :)

> I am going to make a large (maybe 48"-by-48") ink-on-vinyl Debian swirl
> banner to bring to the Debian booth at LinuxWorld NY later this
> month[1]. I was planning to simply put a Debian logo (using the version
> with the word "debian") centered on a white background. My question for
> you is whether it is appropriate to use the Official Use logo. I think
> it is, since this is an official Debian appearance (with manpower
> provided by Debian developers) and the banner will probably be used at
> future official Debian appearances at other trade shows in the US. I'm
> just asking for a -legal opinion to be sure.  So, what do you think?

I don't think it's appropriate for debian-legal to try to answer this
question, as debian-legal is not responsible for the policies governing
the use of SPI intellectual property.  I personally don't see any
problem with the usage you describe, but last I checked, this wouldn't
fall under the standing license granted to Debian Developers.

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer