Re: Packaging Linuxant's driverloader?

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:48:06PM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > Someone might write a free driver for Windows, that this wrapper could run.
>
> Yes, someone could.  But I doubt someone will.  What would be the point?

You're asking what the point of Free Software is?  The answer doesn't
care which OS you're running: releasing source for drivers in Windows is
useful, too.

(Of course, in practice most companies willing to release Free drivers
for Windows do so for Linux first, so there's usually little reason to
use the Windows drivers through a wrapper, but there's certainly a point
to writing free drivers for Windows.)

--
Glenn Maynard