Re: Licence question (suprise!)

On Jan 7, 2004, at 11:00, Matthew Vernon wrote:

Can I just say "...distributed under the terms of the GPL, with the
exception that this code may be linked with OpenSSL" or somesuch? I'd
rather not relicence under a BSD-style thingumy.

Parts that might be useful to upstream should probably be "...feed back bug-fixes, improvements, user requests, etc. to the 'upstream' authors of software..." as SC 2 says. IOW, if that applies, using upstream's license (BSD?) would probably be best.