Re: ITP: powervr -- PowerVR XFree86 drivers and kernel modules

Henning Makholm wrote:
2.1.1 Rights. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the
SOFTWARE as you received it, in any medium,

There does not seem to be any permission to distribute binaries. So
this cannot even go into non-free.

The XFree86 drivers are provided in binary form. The kernel modules are provided in source form.

Further, the license explicitly forbids to "attempt (..) to obtain
the source code. It seems that even downloading the tarball at the
vendor's own site is forbidden by this license.

I'm sure it forbids to obtain the source code of binary drivers, not the kernel modules. I've sent the mail with ask for clarify to the vendor.

If I don't get the answer, is it possible to provide just an installator?

--
Piotr Roszatycki, Netia Telekom S.A.                    .''`.
mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl                   : :' :