Re: DFSG Freeness of Patent Reciprocity Clauses

On 2004-01-02 11:35:40 +0000 Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com> wrote:

What are others opinions on this?

My opinion is that patent termination clauses must only affect patent grant clauses of the same covered work. Terminating all patent grants for any action, or terminating copyright grants for patent action are extra restrictions. Also, I find it useful to consider the effect on a saner place that has no patents for software. If licensees there are affected by the patent clauses, something is probably wrong.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at