Re: GFDL

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 16:58, D. Starner wrote:
> Fedor Zuev <Fedor_zuev@mail.ru> wrote:
>
> > Do you know many modern (not public domain)  political texts
> > of any source, which is freely [unlimited] modifiable?
>
> When I first ran across the GPL, it was such a surprising license
> that I printed it out and showed it to a friend (who was less
> impressed.) At the time Debian started, and even now to some
> extent, free software was a drop in the bucket compared to the
> vast sea of non-free software. I fail to see why the fact that
> most political texts, like most programs, are non-free should
> influence us, especially given that we could remove every political
> text from Debian without a problem, and the only ones that anyone
> would really miss would probably be the free ones in bible-kjv.

GNU miscfiles also contains the US Constitution and Declaration of
Independence, which are free political texts.

Some might also miss the 'anarchism' package, which is also free (and
unlike the Bible and miscfiles, is modern, copyrighted, changes often,
expresses very definitely a political opinion, and is released entirely
under the GNU GPL).

The DFSG and SC are free, I believe they're under the Open Publication
License (with no options exercised).

If I looked harder I could find more.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>