Should the Debian Open Use Logo License be removed from main

Josselin Mouette wrote:
This prompts an interesting question: Does the Official Debian logo
meet the DFSG test?

No, but I'm pretty sure that we don't include the official logo in the
Debian distribution.

True, but the swirl logo fails the DFSG as well, as you can only use it
to refer to the project, and it doesn't allow explicitly other uses.

My "gdm" logon screen has the swirl, as did my default gnome background
when I installed it (very long ago).  I did not use any package not
in main to do so, therefore I think there are swirls sitting around in main.

Will somebody fill a bug about it?  (I do not have time to investigate
and find the exact package containing the logo).

Etienne

--
Etienne M. Gagnon, Ph.D.             http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/