Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On 2003-09-01 03:22:33 +0100 Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
    sections, and spread misinformation about non-free software we
    distribute.
To accuse someone of dishonesty is a grave accusation.

To accuse someone of accusing someone of dishonesty is pretty serious, too. You appear to be arguing against an accusation that was not made. Maybe it will be made now, by someone who wishes to create another tangent. Why give them the opportunity? How does it serve your purpose?

I really admire your efforts in correcting any inaccurate past statements, but you do sometimes make them and you cannot deny that, surely? Else why would you correct them? It may have happened purely because some of those informing you do not give you correct information at times, but that is "misinformation" too, even though it is not dishonesty.

Yes, "misinformation" can be "honest" in a way. None are perfect. Humanity, bah.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at