Re: Comments on GFDL, may be useful for statement

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 02:07:46PM -0400, Stephen Ryan wrote:
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html.  FWIW, I pointed this out
> during the comment period; the FSF basically called me a troll and
> said that I didn't understand what I was talking about for pointing it
> out, so I doubt they're going to move on it.]

Lots of people have made the comparison to the 4-clause BSD license for
various parts of the GFDL--it was own my initial (and oft-recurring) thought
about Invariant Sections.  As far as I know, the FSF has never offered
any defense to this and I doubt they have any.

> A. First of all, only the preamble of the GPL is so marked; the FSF has

I believe the whole license was so marked, but was relaxed by a license
clarification of the FSF.

 "Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
 of this license document, but changing it is not allowed."

--
Glenn Maynard