Re: Legal questions about some GNU Emacs files

On 20030429T104014-0700, Alex Romosan wrote:
> no, i am not. i was just merely responding to the statement that the
> debian project was founded in august of 1993 while the WHY-FREE
> manifesto dates from 1994, and hence it was claimed that the social
> contract preceded the WHY-FREE manifesto. i pointed out the social
> contract was not adopted until 1997. is that clear enough for you?

Go read the thread again and note how you misrepresent it here.  You
wrote "so no, debian didn't come up with the idea of free software"
(which was, BTW, totally out of place in the thread); do you really
think that is a way of saying that "the social contract was not adopted
until 1997"?

If you think that a GNU document is the raison d'être of Debian, don't
you think that place belongs to the GNU manifesto?  (Note that I don't
think it belongs to any GNU document.)

  Taiteellisen ohjelmoinnin ystävien seura Toys - Ohjelmointi on myös taidetta
                         http://www.cc.jyu.fi/yhd/toys/