Re: query from Georg Greve of GNU about Debian's opinion of the FDL

Peter S. Galbraith said:
psg> It's copied from http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities
psg> If that text were licensed with invariant sections, I'd have to
psg> include them in this one-page help screen.

Georg said:
>Right now you'd probably have to treat it as potentially invariant as
>a whole to be on the entirely safe legal side.

OK, I admit that that one's a bit odd (no licence listed).  But suppose for
the sake of argument that it was licenced under the BSD licence.

Would you still make the same claim?

How about if it was licenced under the GPL, with the specification that the
text of the page constituted the source code?

If so, we have a bigger problem; the GPL is legally unsafe!

If not, then why do you need these clauses in the GFDL which aren't the GPL
or BSD licences?

I'm really trying to see your point here.

--Nathanael Nerode