Re: Plugins, libraries, licenses and Debian

On Dec 16, 2003, at 10:20, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:

I didn't say there's no copyright generated by the pairing -- just
that the pairing can't be separated from the writing of the plugin.
The plugin author, in the course of writing and testing his plugin,
must have assembled the combination of host+plugin in a persistent
form.

If the author distributed it unpaired, then I re-pair it, that's not under the original author's copyright (if any) on that pairing.

Debian pairing the plugin doesn't generate a copyright.