Re: how (not) to write copyright files

Peter Palfrader wrote:
> when reviewing several NMs' packages I came accross many broken
> copyright files in recent weeks.  Upon investigation I found that many
> (many!) copyright files in the archive are not really any better.
The example of how copyright files should not like has an unsurprising
similarity with "/usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/licenses/gpl" (package
dh-make). As most (new) maintainers (myself included in those who made
this mistake) use that to create their initial packaging, this error is
propagated to many new packages.
Maybe someone with a competent opinion could file a bug against dh_make.
If noone else does, I could try to write a linda check for this.

Regards

T.