Re: Binaries under GPL(2)

Scripsit Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan@mccme.ru>

> If Section 2 allows someone (not copyright holder) to distribute a
> binary, there are only two alternatives IMHO: either

>   1. Section 2 doesn't require source form of anything distributable;

That is correct, it doesn't. But the only thing that *is*
distributable under #2 is whatever the author explicitly declares to
be "the Program".  Usually that whatever happens to be source.

--
Henning Makholm          "Hører I. Kald dem sammen. Så mange som overhovedet
                    muligt. Jeg siger jer det her er ikke bare stort. Det er