Re: Source only opensource licence.

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003, Franck wrote:
> The licence would not be so bad. The only restriction is about the
> redistribution of binaries wich would be restricted. Windows binaries
> distribution would be forbidden, but GNU/Linux (as well as GNU Hurd
> and BSDs) binary distribution would be okay without restriction.

Unfortunatly, this is not DFSG Free, as it would violates DFSG #6. It
probably fails OSI's OSD as well [but you should really ask them for
their opinion.]

> We would like to write the most open-source friendly licence based on
> the above terms, and we are open to any suggestion. Dual licencsing
> is an option if we find a way to make evrything working.

Perhaps you should rethink your company's rationale for these terms?

Don Armstrong

--
It has always been Debian's philosophy in the past to stick to what
makes sense, regardless of what crack the rest of the universe is

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu