Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> I don't think that section titles are a problem--it would not be
> hard to put them in a program.  But it is true that you cannot take
> text from a GFDL-covered manual and put it into most free programs.
> This is because the GFDL is incompatible with the normal free
> software license.

This is incorrect, and you know it.

You cannot take text from a GFDL manual and put it into ANY free
program, and still have a free program.

> This is equally true of other free documentation licenses, including
> the Open Publication License version 1, and the simple license we used
> in the past for GNU manuals without invariant sections.

You are muddling the issue, and what's particularly annoying is that
this has already been pointed out.

The problem is not that the GFDL is incompatible with this or that
free software license.  It's that it is incompatible with EVERY free
software license, at least, if you want the combined work to still be
free software.

Thomas