Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On Monday, Sep 22, 2003, at 05:04 US/Eastern, Richard Stallman wrote:

I don't believe the logo needs to be free; I think the way it is being
handled is appropriate.  However, others were arguing recently that
everything in Debian is software and that the DFSG applies to it.

Ah. This isn't a contradiction: The official logo is not supposed to be in packages. It's not supposed to be in Debian.