Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> a tapoté :

> On 2003-09-22 10:41:16 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > Andreas Barth <aba+nospam@not.so.argh.org> a tapoté :
> >> * Mathieu Roy (yeupou@gnu.org) [030922 08:02]:
> >> Because we require them to be free if we include them in Debian?
> > Hum, you do not follow a rule _just_ to follow the rules, do you?
>
> Mathieu claims to see no need for derived works of political essays despite all of the suggested reasons which are broadly similar to those for free software

I do not agree with your point of view, that's all.

> in general.  I think Andreas cannot be blamed for using desire to
> include them in Debian without compromising our commitments as a
> reason to make the case for DFSG-free-ness.

It does not compromise any desire to keep the Operating System
Free. But, sure, it compromise your desire to make any literature text
free as Free Software, whether it stands on a computer or not.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org