Re: Does the Official Debian Logo fail the DFSG test?

Josselin Mouette wrote:
>True, but the swirl logo fails the DFSG as well, as you can only use it
>to refer to the project, and it doesn't allow explicitly other uses.

Quite correct.  It should be relicensed, under a permissive copyright
licence, with a note saying:
* This copyright license does not grant a trademark license.  If it is
applied to a trademark, you should be sure that you are not violating
trademark rights.

It should be trademarked by SPI as a trademark representing the Debian
Project.

I believe this would solve all problems.

--Nathanael Nerode