Re: GPL preamble removal

Keith Dunwoody wrote:
>I believe the answer is no. The appropriate part of the GPL is section 2b.

Keith is wrong; the appropriate part is actually section 1.
"...and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License
along with the Program."

In this context, "this License" means the unmodified text of the GNU GPL,
presumably including the preamble; there really isn't any other
interpretation.  So you can distrbitute Sniffmacs under the Sniffen GPL, but
you have to distribute a copy of the original GNU GPL with it, kind of
defeating the purpose...