Re: Unidentified subject!

On Thursday, Sep 18, 2003, at 11:24 US/Eastern, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:

Also, the requirement to distribute a transparent form appears to
violate DFSG 2, since it does not permit "distribution in source code
as well as compiled form".

Brian, I'm not sure how that follows. Could you elaborate?

AFAICT, the requirement to distribute in transparent, e.g., source, form is quite similar to the requirement from the GPL, version 2, which we all consider free (per DFSG 10, if nothing else).