Re: A WDL.

On 2003-09-17, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:
> The question is: will requiring those markings make the license
> non-free?

I think it's more likely to be considered free if you require
functionality rather than specific wording.  Compare this clause from
the GPL:

    c) If the modified program normally reads commands interactively
    when run, you must cause it, when started running for such
    interactive use in the most ordinary way, to print or display an
    announcement including an appropriate copyright notice and a
    notice that there is no warranty (or else, saying that you provide
    a warranty) and that users may redistribute the program under
    these conditions, and telling the user how to view a copy of this
    License. ...

with the requirements in the GFDL that you leave text unmodified, and,
e.g., title your "Acknowldgements" section with exactly that word.

I think such a requirement (to provide either a particular piece of
text, or a pointer to it) could be free, but I'm not sure.  (And
IANADD.)

Peace,
	Dylan