Re: Something for CD vendors page

I am not a Debian Developer, but as a representative of Open Door
Software Inc. which is linked through the CD vendors page I feel that it
would be in our best interest to comment on this topic. My suggestion
follows.

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 19:21, Craig Small wrote:
> Hello,
<snip>
> I think the page needs some information about it, roughly saying here
> the vendors are but they're not related do Debian and we dont endorse
> them or something.  I don't want it to be too down as the majority of
> vendors are fine businesses.
>
> Any suggestions for what to put there?

How about re-writing the final few paragraphs like so:

"If you want to buy a computer system that has Debian already installed
on it, go to the Debian Pre-installed Page.

While the Debian testing team provides some sort of quality assurance of
the CD images themselves; no Debian team, of any sort, provides any
quality assurance towards the CD vendors themselves. If you are having
trouble with a vendor (e.g. you paid for CDs but never received them),
you can inform us by sending mail to cdvendors@debian.org.

If you are a Debian CD vendor or you wish to become one, please see the
information for Debian CD vendors."

Just my $0.02 worth, hope it helps.

PS: Keep up the great work people!

--