Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
> To the readers of this message: if you are a Debian developer and you
> do, or perhaps might, support including manuals covered by the GFDL
> (without expecting it to change) in Debian, please write to me and
> tell me.  (I am not subscribed to debian-legal and could not handle
> the volume of mail.)  But before you send it, please see if I have
> sent a further message to debian-legal saying "enough!"

Your question has already been posed, and the answer is found here

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-200308/msg00017.html

In short, your position is supported by a minority of Debian
developers.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu