Re: Attribution-ShareAlike License

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 05:22:46PM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 02:18:10PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Wouter (who wonders whether his mail about that subject has gone
> > unnoticed on the otherwise so active -legal)
>
> I just thought it was far too long.  I think that about most new
> licenses :(

I won't deny it's long. However, as it's based on the FDL (which I
assume many people on this list know quite well already), I suspect an
analysis should be shorter than the analysis of another license of
approximately the same length.

Even if you don't feel like reading everything, just skimming over it,
and saying whether or not you think it's a good idea would be very much
appreciated. To date, I've had 2 off-list replies for something which
took me almost an entire day to write, and a few weeks to conceptually
prepare. That's quite discouraging.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."