Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 09:17:25PM -0400, Walter Landry wrote:
> One of the claims that the LaTeX people made was that it wasn't all
> that big of a burden.  They acknowledged that it was annoying, but did
> not consider it a fatal defect.  Much like the FSF position on
> invariant sections.

Well, let's be nice to the LaTeX folks.  They went ahead and came up
with a DFSG-free license in their new LPPL draft, with the exception of
one oversight which I'm told was not intentional.

The LaTeX Project folks indulged us in far more nitty-gritty discussion
of the LPPL license than we've yet seen from the FSF with the FDL.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           If existence exists,