Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

Mathieu Roy said:
> You last phrase is just like if you were saying: the GPL force me to
> distribute the source code, it is a restriction on how I can use and
> transform the source code, rendering the GPL non-free.

Unless I am mistaken, you can take GPLd code, compile it with a non-free
compiler, and distribute those binaries with the corresponding source:
CC=/opt/proprietary/bin/cc ./configure && make && tar cvf ~ftp/binary.tar .

But really, comparing the GPL to the GFDL is not appropriate.  Please stop
using this straw man.

--Joe