Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

* Mathieu Roy (yeupou@gnu.org) [030909 13:35]:
> MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> a tapoté :
> > No, we claim that FDL-covered documents are not free software.
>
> Is this mail a software? If I put this mail in a CVS, does it make
> this mail a software?

The term "software" is used here (and at a lot of other places) as
"representation of works in machine-readable form". This means that
this mail is "software".

But: Most of the mails here are not copyright-able at all, and thus
have no license status and can be included everywhere and even in
main. However, if you need a License statement for a specific mail
from me, just ask me and you'll get a DFSG-free license (or most
probably a: "not copyrightable at all"-remark with mention that this
means you can just distribute it).

And: That "software" is more than just software means that we must
sometimes use the DFSG with a even larger pinch of grain.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/