Re: old and new GNU documentation licenses, and the some of the manuals to which they apply

Branden Robinson  schrieb/wrote:
> Yes, though it should be kept in mind that the GPL-incompatibility
> problem remains.  We *still* won't be able to drop hunks of these
> manuals into their corresponding programs as on-line documentation,
> unless the same text happens to already exist somewhere else under the
> GNU GPL.

So info can't display non-GPL documentation either?

Sorry, but that's plain wrong. For a GPL program including an online
help viewer or calling an external help viewer, the online help is just
"data" that does not have to match the licence of the program.

Claus
--
http://www.faerber.muc.de/ -- http://www.bayern-gewinnt.de