Re: A possible GFDL compromise

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     You have consistently refused to engage in a serious and sustained
>     conversation on the subject.
>
> About two months ago, I posted several long messages which addressed
> broad classes that take in all or nearly all of the issues that have
> been raised.  I think an unbiased judge would recognize that as
> serious discussion.

That's not a serious and sustained conversation.  Such a
conversation would require that you seriously and carefully attend to
all the questions that other people ask, even the ones that make you
mad, even the ones that you think are attacks, even the ones that you
think are unfair.  Sustained means that you don't just write a few
essays and go away, but that you take the time to respond to the
specific points people bring up, and go back and forth, rather than
just post individual posts.

A *conversation* is a two-way street, it involves both reading and
writing, and it takes time.  Perhaps more time than you are willing to
give it, but time nontheless.

Thomas