Re: Decision GFDL

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 02:19:06PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> > I don't think the line that there is consensus on debian-legal will
> > wash, unless you overrule the sarge release masters and take the
> > manuals out now.
>
> I don't mean to pick on you, I've just seen a number of similar
> statements.
>
> I hope people realize that the release team is saying "This is not
> release critical", and not "This is not a bug".  I had a terrible
> time trying to get people to understand the difference, when I
> was release manager :)

I didn't realize that the release manager could decide to ignore the
Social Contract if it is inconvenient.  A more appropriate way to fix
it would be to simply eliminate the documentation.  People could then
file bugs complaining about the lack of documentation even in
non-free, and these bugs may or may not hold up the release.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu