Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 03:34:22PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> On Wednesday, Aug 13, 2003, at 20:36 US/Eastern, Sergey V. Spiridonov
> wrote:
> >You can buy a bit freedom for money,
>
> Freedom is a birthright.

Given his surname, Mr. Spiridonov may come from a cultural background
where this sort of assertion provokes howls of laughter.  In some places
in the world, your only birthright is a life of hard labor in the Gulag,
or a bullet in the head followed by a hasty burial in a shallow grave.

But hey, give the U.S. another four years of Bush, Ashcroft, Rove, and
pals, and we'll likely be laughing at the naïveté of our revolutionary
Founders as well.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    that reading it will cause an