Re: Inconsistencies in our approach

On Wednesday, Aug 13, 2003, at 03:15 US/Eastern, Fedor Zuev wrote:

If the package gets extra input information as a part of using it
_and_ a result substantially[*] varies, depending this input
information _and_ these variations at least partially controlled by
statements in package[**] - package is a software.

So, if I write something that calculates the value of pi, that is not software because it does not "[get] extra input information as part of using it"? What, prey tell, is my program? Hardware?