Re: A possible approach in 'solving' the FDL problem

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> writes:

> Op di 12-08-2003, om 09:18 schreef Wouter Verhelst:
>> > It is not the case that Debian used to contain nothing but computer
>> > programs, but sometime after adopting the Social Contract, we let other
>> > materials into our Distribution.
>>
>> Of course; however,
>
> Darn, I did it again :-/
>
> however, it could be said that in those days, there was no problem
> handling it this way, since documentation and 'software' (computer
> programs, if you prefer) were usually distributed under the same
> license.

But if there'd been any reason to think that programs and
documentation should meet different criteria of freeness, surely there
would have been a debate over whether the BSD, GPL, and Artistic
licenses were free for Documentation.

-Brian

--
Brian T. Sniffen                                        bts@alum.mit.edu