Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 12:41:18AM +0200, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
> Specific differences from the DFSG should allow inariants in the
> documentation as

[snipped the GNU FDL's defition of Invariant Sections]

> Probably also "Cover Texts" as

[snipped the GNU FDL's definition of Cover Texts]

> AFAIK it will be not enough for standards as RFC.

Ah, so it is your contention that Debian should declare the GNU FDL an
acceptable license for materials in main, and you are willing to work
backwards from that outcome to justify any violation of Debian's
traditional principles, as embodied in the Debian Social Contract.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       Yesterday upon the stair,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       I met a man who wasn't there.