Re: APSL 2.0

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 09:59, Jeremy Hankins wrote:

> In the case of the DPSL that's not obvious, since they seem to want to
> include restrictions on performance.  My interpretation of that is
> that they think that the "provide a service" variety of "external
> deployment" would qualify as a performance -- or so they would argue,
> at any rate.

    "To ''perform'' a work means to recite, render, play, dance,
     or act it, either directly or by means of any device or
     process or, in the case of a motion picture or other
     audiovisual work, to show its images in any sequence or to
     make the sounds accompanying it audible." (Title 17, Sec. 101)

So, who wants to act out Quicktime Streaming Server?