Re: Should our documentation be free? (Was Re: Inconsistencies in our approach)

Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:

>There are cases, when we can easely distinguish, is it documentation or
>program. For example, emacs info files are definitely documentation.

And what if a user wishes to link documentation into code? Do you
believe that it is acceptable to ship content within Debian that may
never be included in a piece of code that Debian could ship? We've
established that there are cases where someone may legitimately wish to
use documentation within code, but so far we haven't established why the
proponents of the "Debian Free Documentation Guidelines" feel that it's
acceptable to make this impossible.
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org