Re: A possible approach in 'solving' the FDL problem

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 09:22:25PM -0400, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:

> >> It is not the same thing. The question is whether the definition of
> >> freedom should be the same for both.
> >
> > That's exactly the point I'm trying to get through. I feel that a lot
> > of developers think it is not. As such, I'm suggesting we ask our
> > developers, and work from there on.
>
> IANADD, but while there is clearly documentation which is not software,
> all documentation distributed by Debian -- possibly excepting CD cases --
> is software.

In the broader definition of software. Not everyone sees that definition
as correct, including many people who accepted the DFSG with a
definition of software that only includes 'computer programs', not this
broad definition, in mind.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a