Re: Inconsistencies in our approach

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 08:52:10PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> I'd like to know more about this "intellectual honesty" that compels
> the word "software" to include documentation when used in the Social
> Contract, but not when used a little further down the page[0] in the
> guidelines.

I don't see the problem.  100% of the software Debian contains is Free.
There may have been some looseness in the original language, but due to the
frequent references to source code and executable code in the DFSG, it is
quite clear to me that the DFSG did not contemplate documentation qualifying
as software.