Re: mozilla export restrictions

> I've discovered following note on the mozilla download page
> (http://mozilla.org/releases/#1.5) :
>
> This source code is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations
>
> Does this mean that we have to put mozilla to non-free?

No.  That statement is not part of the license.  It's just a note to
make sure downloaders are aware of something that may be of relevance
to them, so they can avoid breaking the law out of ignorance, and so
mozilla.org can't possibly be construed as encouraging such an illegal
act.  It's like a "FOR HUNTING AND TARGET PRACTICE ONLY" label on a
'57 Magnum.

This is in fact exactly the right way for them to deal with the export
restriction issue: as an advisory notice and not a license clause.