Re: a minimal copyleft

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 10:24:39AM +0100,
 Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo@rano.org> wrote
 a message of 56 lines which said:

> I'm still keen to receive suggestions about how to improve either of
> my one-sentence licences. Thanks for the suggestions already received.

I seriously doubt that you can write a good licence in one
sentence. This is appealing, but unrealistic. Just one example: in
France (and probably in most other countries with a "droit d'auteur"
system), a free licence *must* enumerate exactly what rights you yield
to the licencee. According to the few lawyers that studied the case
(IANAL), the GPL is therefore OK, but the BSD-like licences are
probably not.