Re: Inconsistencies in our approach

Joe Wreschnig said:
> On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 16:27, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>> I have to add a new section to my FDL FAQ.  Here's a draft version:
>
> Excellent job; you might want to consider adding how the GFDL *is*
> about misrepresentation - If someone adds an invariant section contrary
> to your beliefs, or a plainly false one, you can't remove it.

If you're the original author, (which is what this section talks about) you
can continue to distribute your version, without their invariant section.
You can even add an "Endorsement" saying that this is the only "authorized"
version of this document, and that any other version may not represent the
opinions of the author.  Modifiers are obliged to remove all Endorsements.

If your line of reasoning were correct, I can add an "ode to my cat" to the
copy of the GNU Emacs manual I distribute, and the FSF would have to abide
this odious requirement also.  (And a large monopolistic software company
could add "Why Software Should Be Proprietary" with the same expectation)

--Joe