Re: Inconsistencies in our approach

John Goerzen wrote:
> 1. Would removing the manual for Emacs, libc, or other important GNU
>    software benefit our users?
Yep. I'm very unhappy with having non-free software (and software means 0s and 1s -- so nearly everything Debian distributes except the physical CDs) in Debian; as a user, I chose Debian at least partly for the Social Contract, which this violates.

>  Would it benefit Free Software?
Yep. It would help promote the movement to have genuninely free manuals for those pieces of software; manuals which could be integrated into programs, used as help text, freely lifted from, etc.

I bet you thought you were asking rhetorical questions.

--Nathanael