Re: The debate on Invariant sections (long)

    Many examples have been given for why this is *false*, and they're
    pretty much all tied to the *non-removability* rather than the
    non-modifiability.  Should we repeat them again?

I've looked at these reasons, and they did not convince me the first
time; repeating them won't convince me now.  Recently I have started
sending mail discussing the issue, explaining why this is too strict a
standard.

    This is the point on which Debian has consensus and cannot compromise.

You seem to be anticipating a decision which has not yet been made.  I
doubt I can convince you, but I hope I will convince other Debian
developers to reject this proposal.