Re: Dissident versus ASP

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 07:30:44PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>     If your program is not distributed to anyone, then the license cannot
>     require you to distribute it to anyone (no matter how many people
>     use it or for what purpose, etc).

Instinctively, this seems a reasonable test to apply to a license.

Can anyone think of any currently-accepted-as-DFSG-free licenses that
would fail this test?

If not, I propose we consider adding this to our battery of tests; maybe
we could call it the "Towns Test", which is nicely alliterative.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    above, but it is too long to fit