Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 05:51:35PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> > > Note that you do _not_ get to assume "privacy is good and moral and a
> > > right of both individuals and corporations". Justify it in other terms,
> > Why? Moral judgements can never be justified ex nihil.
>
> Nonsense. I can justify every one of the DFSG's existing requirements
> from nothing but a technical standpoint.

Then they're technical judgements, and morals don't (or at least needn't)
come into it *for you*. Other people may feel that the requirements are
morally-based, in which case, for those people, he's right.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Nick
--