Is epic package non-free?

Hi,

[Send Cc: to me, i'm not subscribed]

I was checking the epic package, because i've ITA on it now.After
the check, i've some doubts about the license:

Quoting debian/copyright:

IRC II is copyright (c) 1990 by Michael Sandrof.  You have the
right to copy, compile, and maintain this software.  You also
have the right to make modifcations to this code for local use
only.

"...for local use only." ?!

Version 2.1.1 to 2.2pre7 are Copyright 1991, 1992 Troy Rollo.

Versions 2.2pre8 and above are copyright (c) 1992-1996
matthew green.  Any modifications to this code may be
redistributed with this copyright attached.

Two modules of the source code, ('scandir.c', copyright 1983), and
('glob.c', copyright 1993) are copyright by the Regents of the
University of California, with modifications by various contributers.
All rights are reserved by the University of California.

"All rights are reserved by the University of California."  ?!

This software is provided ``as is'' and without any express or
implied warranties, including, without limitation, the implied
warranties of merchantibility and fitness for a particular purpose.

Some modifications made to the original ("stock") client:
Copyright (C) 1993, 1997 Jeremy Nelson,
Copyright (C) 1994       Jake Khuon,
Copyright (C) 1995, 1997 Jeremy Nelson and others ("EPIC software
labs"),
the rights to which are granted non-exclusively to matthew green and are
provided to you under the terms of this license.

Reading the source (source/irc.c):
[...]
 * Written By Michael Sandrof
 * Copyright(c) 1990
 * See the COPYRIGHT file, or do a HELP IRCII COPYRIGHT
[...]

I can't found the original copyright file in the debian source package.

I'll prepare a new package, but will be it uploaded to the non-free
section?

Thanks in advance,
--
Gustavo Franco <stratus@acm.org>